The Algerian-American Association of Greater Washington was created in 1992 as a social and cultural Association of Algerian-Americans and Algerians located in the Greater Washington Area of the United States of America. It is managed by an elected Board of Directors.
Goals and Objectives
- Foster, through educational programs and cultural activities, greater awareness, understanding and appreciation of the Algerian culture and ethnic heritage among Algerian-Americans, Algerians and persons of non-Algerian heritage.
- Represent and promote the common interests of Algerian-Americans, Algerians and non-Algerian members, and express, through all appropriate means, their shared concerns and views
- Facilitate the adaptation of Algerians in the United States while maintaining and fostering their unique heritage.
- Provide a community-wide forum and structure within which members may exchange views and formulate and implement coordinated programs and policies reflecting their common interests and shared concerns.
- Contribute to the strengthening of ties of friendship and cooperation between the United States of America and Algeria, and their people.
Events and Activities
- Educational Programs
- Social Gatherings
- Art Exhibits
- Movie Showings
- Lectures and Seminars
- Friends of Algeria Newsletter
Participation and Contribution
You are invited to participate in strengthening the Association in any way you can. You may volunteer your time to help in organizing social and cultural events or you may help with ideas and suggestions. You can contribute to the newsletter by submitting articles, jokes, recipes or any piece of information you would like to share with other members. (see Getting Involved)
The Association will greatly appreciate both money and in kind donations. Toys, clothing, books, computer equipment are particularly appreciated. Please remember that your donations are tax-deductible.
Copyright © 2010 - AAAGW - All Rights Reserved